OUR San Jose OPTOMETRIST
The eye doctor and staff at Buena Vista Eyecare Optometry have been providing San Jose with quality eye care for many years. Our friendly staff is dedicated to providing this care in an atmosphere of compassion and respect. Our goal is to remain at the forefront of eye care through continuing education utilizing the latest state-of-the-art equipment, technology, contact lens, and eyewear products.
Meet The Eye Doctor At Buena Vista Eyecare Optometry
Our eye doctor takes the time to explain the results of your eye exam, describe your options and listen to your eye care needs. Because maintaining good eye health is an ongoing partnership, we encourage you to ask questions and share your health information, which could be vital to monitoring, diagnosing, and treating potential vision problems.
“I have a passion for teaching – whether teaching optometry students at UC Berkeley, or when teaching my patients in the exam room about their eye condition. When my patients understand what’s going on with their eyes, together we can achieve a lifetime of excellent vision.”
Dr. Mark Mitchell is a highly experienced optometrist who has taught and practiced throughout California. His professional interests include general eye care, eyeglass and contact lens correction, eye disease diagnosis and treatment, and clinical research.
Dr. Mitchell graduated from the University of California at Berkeley School of Optometry and is the former Chief of Eye Disease Service at Berkeley. He taught at Berkeley's School of Optometry for over 10 years, overseeing the clinical education of over 65 students per year. Prior to joining Buena Vista he operated his own practice for many years north of Lake Tahoe.
General Eye Care, Eyeglass and Contact Lens Correction, Eye Disease Diagnosis and Treatment
University of California at Berkeley School of Optometry, Berkeley, CA
Saint Mary's College of California Graduate School of Economics and Business Administration, Moraga, CA
Awards, Honors and Licenses
- Alcon Laboratories, GCP-Foundations of Clinical Research Program, Certificate of Completion 2011
- CITI Biomedical Responsible Conduct of Research Curriculum, Certificate of Completion 2011
- CITI Human Research Curriculum, Certificate of Completion 2011
- FDA, The Past, Present and Future of FDA Human Drug Regulation, Certificate of Completion 2011
- NIH, Clinical Research Training Course, Certificate of Completion 2011
- Nevada License to Practice Optometry 2000-Present
- California License to Practice Optometry 1985-Present